AZURE VS AWS VS GOOGLE CLOUD
WHAT IS AZURE?
Azure is a cloud computing platform and infrastructure created by Microsoft. It provides both PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service). Azure is considered to be an industry leader in the cloud computing market, with competitors like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and Oracle Cloud.
Azure is used by many large enterprises and startups, and it has been adopted by various industries including healthcare, fintech, manufacturing, and media. It is estimated that Azure has a market share of 20% in the cloud computing industry. It is also the most widely used cloud computing platform.
Azure is used by many major companies around the world. It provides a wide range of services, from virtual machines to data analytics and AI. It has become an important part of many business’s IT infrastructure.
Azure is also used by several companies in the cloud computing market. In 2017, Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for $26.2 billion, and this acquisition helped Azure expand its customer base significantly.
The company also provides a wide range of management tools for Azure, including PowerShell, Visual Studio, and the Azure portal. The main advantage of using Azure is that it offers a lot of flexibility and customization options. Azure is a multi-tenant public cloud platform. It offers services like computing, storage, networking, and database as part of its portfolio. Azure provides a wide range of services for developers, including application development tools, DevOps tools, and microservices applications.
HOW TO USE AZURE?
Azure is a cloud-based service, which means it’s available through the internet. You can use Azure in two ways:
Through the Azure portal, a web-based interface that lets you manage your cloud resources. The Azure portal is a web-based application that allows you to manage all your Azure resources. It provides a graphical user interface (GUI) for accessing and configuring services and features.
Using PowerShell cmdlets or the Azure CLI to manage your accounts and services. You can use PowerShell or the Azure CLI to manage your accounts and services. You should use PowerShell if you have a large number of resources or if you want to perform complex operations using scripts.
WHAT IS AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS)?
Amazon Web Services is a collection of remote computing services that together make up a cloud-computing platform, offered by Amazon.com. These services operate from 11 geographical regions across the world. They make up one of the most commonly used cloud platforms in the world, with a market share of over 30% as of 2018. AWS’s revenue in 2017 was USD 17.5 billion and it employed approximately 100,000 employees as of December 2018.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a collection of cloud computing services that make up an on-demand computing platform, offered by Amazon.com. The most central and well-known service is Amazon EC2, which provides resizable cloud computing capacity in the form of virtual servers. These servers are called instances. AWS offers over 50 different services, including:
-Compute, storage, and networking products for running applications in the cloud
-Database management systems (DBMS) and analytics software
-Tools for application deployment and management Amazon Web Services
(AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon.com that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms to individuals, companies, and governments. The technology allows users to store, manage and run applications on the AWS platform without having to worry about the infrastructure that supports it.
It provides a suite of products including Compute, Storage, and Networking services such as EC2, S3, and VPC; Database services such as RDS; Application Services such as API Gateway; Security services such as WAF, etc.
HOW TO USE AWS?
The simplest way to use AWS is through the AWS Console. This is a web-based user interface that allows you to manage your applications and services on AWS. You can also automate the process using command line tools or APIs.
-Sign up for an account.
-Create VPC and Subnets (CIDR blocks).
-Launch an Instance in the VPC using the AMI.
The AWS platform can be used by developers, IT professionals, and even non-technical people. The process is similar to using an on-premises application but with a few differences: AWS is not just a cloud infrastructure service. It also provides many other services like storage, database, etc. AWS has a comprehensive suite of products and services that can be used to build, deploy and manage applications on the fly.
You can host web applications in EC2 instances with their IP address and security configuration.
You can run your application code on AWS servers for scalability as well as cost savings.
WHAT IS GOOGLE CLOUD?
Google Cloud is a suite of cloud computing services that developers can use to build, deploy and manage applications on the fly. It offers infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), which allows users to run applications in Google’s data centers.
The company also provides big data analytics, machine learning, and application development platform for building mobile apps using Android Studio. Google Cloud offers a suite of services for developers, including:
- App Engine: An application hosting service that allows users to run applications on Google’s servers. It features auto-scaling and load balancing.
- Compute Engine: A managed virtual machine service that allows users to run their own custom operating systems in a virtual machine on Google’s servers.
- Datastore: A NoSQL database service for storing data.
- BigQuery: A managed cloud data warehouse that allows users to run queries on large datasets.
- App Engine: An application hosting service that allows users to run applications on Google’s servers with auto-scaling and load balancing features.
Google Cloud is based on the same infrastructure that Google uses for its applications. It’s a fully secure platform that provides encryption at rest and in transit, as well as access control between different layers of your stack.
HOW TO USE GOOGLE CLOUD?
Google Cloud is a powerful and robust set of services that can be used to build, deploy, and manage your application. Google offers a suite of tools and APIs that allow you to easily integrate cloud services into your development workflow.
To connect to the Google Cloud Platform, you will need a Google account and a Google Cloud project. Google’s Cloud Platform is hosted in what they call ‘regions’ which are geographic locations of servers housing your data.
You can choose which region you want to host your data in and when you create a project, Google will automatically create a new one for you. If you want to change the region later on, there is an option to do so within the project settings page.
There are currently nine regions around the world, with a new region being added every few months. You can choose the region where your data is stored to ensure it is close to you for better performance and reliability.
AZURE VS AWS VS GOOGLE CLOUD
- The three biggest cloud providers are Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google Cloud. They all offer a range of services including computing, storage, and networking as well as specialist products for machine learning, IoT, analytics, and more. The biggest difference between the three is their pricing structures.
- Azure and AWS are both popular cloud hosting solutions that are used by many businesses and developers. Google Cloud is one of the newer players in the market, but it has quickly gained popularity for providing some of the best features and pricing in comparison to its competition.
- Azure and AWS are both cloud computing platforms, but the technologies they offer are different. Microsoft Azure is a suite of services that allows you to build, deploy and manage applications on any device. It is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering, meaning it offers everything in one place: compute power, storage space, databases, and security controls. In contrast, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides only infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform that provides services for building, deploying, and managing applications and data across a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. It offers computing, storage, database, and networking with an extensive range of features for building applications in the cloud. The platform also has a marketplace where you can find solutions from partners who have built applications using Azure.
- Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud are all cloud hosting providers that can be used by developers to host their projects. They each offer several different services and features that make them suitable for different types of customers.
ADVANTAGES OF AZURE
Microsoft Azure is the most popular cloud hosting platform. It has over 200 million users and focuses on providing services to enterprise customers.
- The platform offers a range of services for building applications in the cloud, including computing, storage, database, and networking.
- Azure also has a marketplace where you can find solutions from partners who have built applications using Azure.
- Azure is a flexible, scalable, and cost-effective cloud hosting platform.
- It has an extensive range of features for building applications in the cloud.
- You can use Azure to build your application or use it as a service provider for your business needs.
- Azure is a great option for developers who want to build applications using Microsoft technologies and tools. It’s also a good choice if you want to use an on-premises cloud solution that can be deployed across your data centers.
- From a cost perspective, Azure offers competitive pricing in comparison to other providers such as AWS and Google Cloud.
- Azure is a great way to host your project because it offers a variety of services that can be used together or separately. You can use the platform to build applications and deploy them online, or you can use it for disaster recovery in case something goes wrong with your infrastructure.
DISADVANTAGES OF AZURE
- LACK OF PERFORMANCE AND SCALABILITY : Azure isn’t as fast or scalable as AWS, which means that it can take longer to load applications and respond to users. Azure also doesn’t offer the same level of customization as AWS does; for example, you can’t select specific VMs or choose where they are hosted.
- LACK OF SUPPORT : Azure doesn’t offer the same level of support as AWS does. If you have any issues with your account or services, it can take longer to get a response than if you were using AWS.
- LACK OF SUPPORT FOR ALL DEVELOPERS : Azure is more restrictive than AWS, which means that it offers fewer services and limits your ability to customize them. Azure makes it difficult for developers who aren’t familiar with Microsoft platforms like .NET or Java to build applications.
- LACK OF SECURITY: Azure doesn’t provide the same level of security as AWS does. This is a problem because it means that your data isn’t protected from attacks by hackers, who could potentially steal sensitive information.
- LACK OF DATA CONTROL: Azure is also limited in terms of how much control you have over your data. You can’t move it to another cloud provider if you want to, nor can you download it so that you can use it locally.
- LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Azure doesn’t offer the same level of customer support that AWS does. If you need help with your app or want to learn more about how it works, Azure won’t be much help.
ADVANTAGES OF AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS)
AWS has several advantages over Azure that make it the better choice for most developers.
- LARGE CUSTOMER BASE: Amazon is the biggest cloud provider in the world, which means that there are plenty of other companies using AWS. This makes it easier for you to find a partner who can help you with any issues that arise while using AWS.
- EASY TO USE: AWS has a simple interface that allows you to quickly get started without needing to learn complicated technical jargon.
- HIGHER LEVEL OF SECURITY: AWS is much more secure than Azure, and it offers a range of security options so that you can choose what’s right for your app. The company also uses multiple layers of encryption to protect your data, which means that hackers won’t be able to steal any information from your servers.
- FLEXIBLE: AWS is a more flexible and user-friendly cloud computing platform than Azure. It offers a wide range of services, including storage, databases, analytics, and more. You can also use AWS to host websites for your business or blog.
- AWS IS MORE ROBUST: AWS offers more robust services than Azure, and you’ll have an easier time finding what you need. There are also more tutorials and resources available for AWS developers than for those using Azure.
- AWS HAS BETTER SUPPORT: Amazon has been around longer than Microsoft, so it has a proven track record of offering reliable customer support. It has more features, better pricing, and more flexibility.
- MORE FEATURES: AWS offers a wider range of products than Azure does. Not only does it have its cloud computing platform to offer you, but it also has an app store with hundreds of third-party applications that you can use as well.
- BETTER PRICING: Amazon offers cheaper prices on most of its services than Microsoft does.
DISADVANTAGES OF AMAZON WEB SERVICE (AWS)
AWS is the most popular cloud hosting service and has many advantages over Azure, but it also has some disadvantages. Here are a few of them:
- AWS IS MORE COMPLICATED: Amazon’s cloud computing platform is more difficult to set up and use than Microsoft’s Azure.
- AWS IS LESS RELIABLE: The Amazon Web Services Outage in 2012 showed that it can be just as susceptible to failures as any other major cloud provider.
- LACK OF DEPENDABILITY: While Amazon has been around longer than Microsoft, it doesn’t have the same level of experience with cloud computing. It also hasn’t had as much time to build up a reputation for reliability and consistency.
- AWS EXPENSIVE: While Azure is more expensive than other cloud hosting providers, AWS is the most expensive of them all. You can get a lot more for your money with Google or Microsoft.
- LACK OF CONTROL OVER HOSTING COMPANY: If you host your data on Amazon and something happens to it, there’s not much you can do about it except complaint to Amazon itself.
- LACK OF DEPENDENCE ON MICROSOFT: If you’re concerned about relying too heavily on Microsoft for your business, AWS is probably not the best choice for you.
- POOR SUPPORT FOR AZURE CLIENTS: The tools that Amazon provides for Azure clients aren’t as powerful or flexible as those from Microsoft.
ADVANTAGES OF GOOGLE CLOUD
- Google is committed to providing enterprise-grade security and compliance features such as encryption at rest and in transit, as well as access control between different layers of your stack.
- It’s a fully managed service, so you don’t need to worry about maintaining your infrastructure. Google Cloud Platform has an extensive library of APIs and SDKs for virtually any language or framework.
- Google Cloud Platform has a large ecosystem of partners and tools, which makes it easier to adopt new technologies.
- Google offers a wide range of services that are useful for different types of businesses, including analytics, data warehousing, and machine learning.
- Google Cloud offers the most flexible pricing model of all the cloud providers, with a mix of consumption-based and reserved pricing options.
- The Google Cloud Platform has an extensive ecosystem of partners who specialize in specific areas such as security, migration, and enterprise applications.
The main advantages of using Google Cloud Platform over other cloud providers are:
- EASY TO USE: It’s easy to use, with a variety of tools that make it possible for developers at all levels to build and deploy applications without having to learn new languages or frameworks. SECURE: Google Cloud Platform is secure and compliant, with a range of security features including encryption at rest and in transit.
- DYNAMIC AND FLEXIBLE: Google Cloud’s infrastructure is highly dynamic and flexible, with the ability to scale up or down depending on demand.
- FLEXIBLE PRICING MODEL: Google Cloud offers the most flexible pricing model of all the cloud providers, with a mix of consumption-based and reserved pricing options.
- EXTENDABLE AND VERSATILE: Google Cloud Platform has an extensive ecosystem of partners who specialize in specific areas such as security, migration, and enterprise applications.
- AFFORDABLE: Google Cloud Platform offers the most flexible pricing model of all the cloud providers, with a mix of consumption-based and reserved pricing options.
- NO CAPACITY CONSTRAINTS: Google Cloud Platform has no capacity constraints, so you can scale up or down depending on your needs. This means that you don’t have to worry about running out of resources at peak times or wasting money on unused capacity.
DISADVANTAGES OF GOOGLE CLOUD
- LACK OF FULL SPECIFICATION: Google Cloud Platform does not have full specifications for most of its services. This can be problematic for customers who need to build their applications using the platform and want complete control over the infrastructure, or for developers who want a detailed list of what’s available in each region.
- LIMITED SUPPORT FOR NEW TECHNOLOGIES: Though Google has been working hard to expand its cloud offerings, it still falls short of some other providers when it comes to supporting new technologies such as mobile app development and big data analytics.
- PRICEY: Google Cloud Platform is one of the most expensive cloud providers on a per-gigabyte basis. The only way to get a lower price is by signing up for an enterprise contract that guarantees you a certain level of usage over some time.
- LIMITED DEPENDENCY MANAGEMENT: Google Cloud Platform does not offer any advanced dependency management features such as code isolation or separate accounts for each application.
- LACK OF CONTROL: Google Cloud Platform is not as customizable as some other cloud providers. If you’re looking for a highly configurable solution, then this may not be the right choice for you.
- LIMITED PORTFOLIO: As of now, Google Cloud Platform offers only compute, storage, and networking services. You won’t find any support for application development or DevOps tools.
- LACK OF SUPPORT FOR LEGACY APPLICATIONS: Google Cloud Platform does not support most legacy applications, so if you have an existing application that you want to migrate to the cloud, it may not be possible.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN AZURE, AWS, AND GOOGLE CLOUD
There are a few differences between Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud. Let’s take a look at some of the key differences.
- CONTRACTS: Google Cloud Platform does not use contracts, so it’s easy to move your data from one region to another or cancel your subscription. However, Azure and AWS both have contracts that you need to sign before using their services.
- SUPPORT FOR LEGACY APPLICATIONS: While Google Cloud Platform does not support most legacy applications, Azure and AWS do support them.
- NETWORKING: Azure offers a full range of networking services, including virtual private networks (VPNs) and advanced DNS management. AWS doesn’t offer any of these services. Google Cloud Platform offers some basic networking features but is not as robust as Azure.
- ABILITY TO BUILD APPS IN THE CLOUD: Both Google Cloud and AWS support building applications in the cloud. However, Azure does not offer this feature. If you want to build an app in the cloud, then AWS or Google Cloud may be your best bet.
- HOSTING PLATFORM: Google Cloud Platform is a hosting platform, while AWS and Azure are managed services. You’ll have to manage your servers with the Google Cloud Platform, which makes it more difficult for beginners.
- Azure offers more developer tools and resources than AWS and Google Cloud. Azure has a marketplace where you can find solutions from partners who have built applications using Azure, as well as several different developer tools such as the Azure SDKs, Visual Studio Code extensions, TypeScript extensions, etc. AWS only has one official Code editor called Cloud9 which is free but doesn’t offer any other features such as debugging or deployment tools.
- Azure has the most integrations with other products. It supports more than 100 different services and APIs, making it easy to integrate new tools into your projects. Azure also supports several open-source technologies, including Node.js, MongoDB, and Python.
- Azure is a more comprehensive platform and has a larger number of services than AWS or Google Cloud.
- Azure offers the best security features of any cloud hosting provider.
- Azure is more expensive than AWS or Google Cloud, but this may be offset by the fact that it offers more features. -Azure is available in more regions than AWS and Google Cloud combined, with over 70 locations around the world.
- It has a wide range of services that can be used for hosting applications, including containers and virtual machines.
- You can use Azure to build mobile apps using tools like Xamarin or React Native.